Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
levittd

Default Octagon Tank

mid posted

"LeighMo" wrote in message
I can be difficult to set up an octogonal tank for plants. They are high,

with
a small footprint, and that means they need a lot of light, but you don't

have
much room for them.

What size tank are you getting?

The tank is a 15 gal hex. I bought it sight unseen and the person I bought
it from said "octogon". But it was cdn $20, so I'm happy anyway.

And what kind of plants will you be keeping?

There are 2 LFS here. Neither one of them has a good selection and seems to
bring in whatever is cheapest that week, at random. Buying live aquarium
plants here always means nursing them back to health. So basically, I'm
going to buy whatever they have and see what lives. At least they're mostly
cheaper than fish. (otoh I haven't lost a fish in a long time)

Would a compact flourescent do for at least some plants? If so what colour,
brand, wattage, etc would be best?

Also I was thinking of a 1-2L bottle DIY CO2 system. Any suggestions?

levittd