Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
LeighMo

Default Octagon Tank

The tank is a 15 gal hex.

Can you post the dimensions? Just roughly. I've seen 10 gal. and 20 gal. hex
tanks, but I have no idea what the dimensions of a 15 gal. hex tank are.

Would a compact flourescent do for at least some plants? If so what colour,
brand, wattage, etc would be best?

You could probably grow some low-light plants at least. Java fern, java moss,
anubias, Bolbitis, etc.

Post the dimensions of the tank, and I'm sure someone here will have
suggestions for what type of lighting to get.

Also I was thinking of a 1-2L bottle DIY CO2 system. Any suggestions?

It may not be necessary, if you can't get enough light over the tank.

Leigh