Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Mike

Default How to dose Macronutrients

I have a heavily planted 80 gallon with CO2 injected and 190 watts of CF.
Lately I have been fighting a horrible case of thread algae. I think it is
because my macros are not dosed enough. My question is this. Do you think
it is ok to dose 1/4 tsp of KNO3 a few times a week? I never register
nitrates even after using 5 ml per day of a solution of 3 tsp KNO3 per 500
ml water. I think this method is just too little nitrate. I also use K2SO4
to supplement the K. I use approx. 4 ml of iron per week and 4 ml of
Flourish per week. thoughts....