Old 18-07-2003, 10:32 AM
Jim Webster

Default Sustainability in 3rd world agriculture

"Michael Saunby" wrote in message
And that's just considering the issues for one family, in one poor

country.
Roughly half the global population live this way, some have it worse.

It's
actually far more normal to live as they do than as we do. It's been
normal through all recorded history for most people to live that way.

We're
the freaks.

Michael Saunby

too true, but eventually someone will invest there, and export jobs from
here to there, so one wonders who will be the freaks then

Ironically, one thing we can do in this country that cannot be done in a lot
of places is to produce food. Not as cheap as in some places, but more
reliably than in most places.

Jim Webster