Old 18-07-2003, 11:02 AM
maff

Default Do Theories Have to be Testable to be Scientific?

(Richard Alexander) wrote in message . com...
Al Klein wrote in message . ..

[snip]

The definition of "scientific" doesn't include "testable".

I think we should at least settle this question; Can an hypothesis,
theory, principle, claim or statement be scientific if it is not
testable?

Science in Simple Steps
http://forums.about.com/ab-atheism2/messages?msg=91.4 -

"What Is This Thing Called Science? : An Assessment of the Nature and
Status of Science and Its Methods" by A. F. Chalmers - Paperback -
288 pages 3rd edition (July 1999) Open Univ Pr; ISBN: 0335201091

"Science is the true theology" -- Thomas Paine
(as quoted in Emerson: The Mind on Fire page 153)

Thomas Paine
http://tinyurl.com/afpu