Old 18-07-2003, 02:52 PM
animaux

Default Wanted: Reviews of mosquito trapping devices

Well, in my opinion, they don't work and I formed my opinion by experiencing it
first hand. Our neighbor has one which he paid upwards of 600 for and I saw
mosquitoes on arms, around people seeking out the carbon dioxide in our breath.
A much better thing to use is citronella candles, rosemary or eucalyptus oil,
Avon Skin So Soft, and get rid of any possible standing water. Even a small
plastic bag with a tiny bit of water will hatch mosquito larvae.

You can also buy it provided they have a return policy and try it out for
yourself. If it doesn't work, return it. I believe Sam's Club sells one and I
believe they have a 90 with receipt return policy, no questions asked.

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:00:10 GMT, "Dave" wrote:

I have seen many brands of mosquito trapping devices (such as Mosquito
Magnet) this year. The devices cost several hundred to over a thousand
dollars. The common response I hear from dozens of people I've asked about
it (who do not own one) is: It's expensive, but if it worked it would be
worth it.

Consumer's reports said they do work. Reviews on the Internet say they work
or don't work. A co-worker's friend has a Mosquito Magnet Pro and says it
works great. The reviews I've seen on television say those devices do not
work.

If anyone has direct experience with the mosquito traps, could you post a
response here if they work, or do not work?

Thank you!

Dave Minnesota