Old 18-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Emmet Cummings

Default Only one pepper

I'm in Bergen County.

It's the bleeping weather. I have four plants, all blooming, and only one
pepper on any of them. And, no I have not fertilized them since they are
growing in soil that contains a lot of good compost. Past years, I always

had
lots of peppers of all sorts by this time with the same number of plants.

It's
the rain for months followed by no rain for the past three weeks causing

the
blossoms to fail to get fertilized. I've noticed a lot less bees and other
flying insects up until this past week, probably due to last year's

drought and
this year's rain, and I'm sure that's also a large part of it.

I feel your pain

I never thought rain water was so much better for the plants than my garden
hose.

Thanks for sharing,
Rob