Old 18-07-2003, 08:06 PM
Kelly E Jones

Default Unethical business practices.....

In article ,
Wilson wrote:

I also disagree with your title - there is nothing unethical in a
shopkeeper trying to make a profit. If she doesn't, she won't be in
business very long.

You have every right to disagree....I have every right to point out your
mistake.

She won't be in business long trying to cheat customers and lying by
ommission either.

Look, you asked for a quote, and she gave you one. Granted, the quote
was way high, and late. That doesn't make her unethical, though it
probably makes her a bad businessperson. She has the right to charge
anything she wants; you have the right to accept or decline the offer.
If the price is way high she's either shrewd (if someone actually
pays that price) or dumb (if it puts her out of consideration), but
in no case is it unethical. If this is unethical, so are all purveyors of
bottled water (they buy it for about $0.0001 per bottle, and sell it
for $0.99 a bottle!), pet rocks, and Windows operating systems.

There are enough businesses out there which really ARE unethical, that
we should reserve the term for them, and refrain from libeling those
who are merely incompetent.

Kelly