Old 18-07-2003, 09:37 PM
Nedra

Default Unethical business practices.....

not that anyone asked ... but I Vote with Wilson.
Unethical.

Nedra

"Wilson" wrote in message

Kelly E Jones wrote in message
In article ,
Wilson wrote:

I also disagree with your title - there is nothing unethical in a
shopkeeper trying to make a profit. If she doesn't, she won't be in
business very long.

You have every right to disagree....I have every right to point out

your
mistake.

She won't be in business long trying to cheat customers and lying by
ommission either.

Look, you asked for a quote, and she gave you one. Granted, the quote
was way high, and late. That doesn't make her unethical, though it
probably makes her a bad businessperson. She has the right to charge
anything she wants; you have the right to accept or decline the offer.
If the price is way high she's either shrewd (if someone actually
pays that price) or dumb (if it puts her out of consideration), but
in no case is it unethical. If this is unethical, so are all purveyors

of
bottled water (they buy it for about $0.0001 per bottle, and sell it
for $0.99 a bottle!), pet rocks, and Windows operating systems.

Unethical: not conforming to approved standards of social or professional
behavior.

I realize that anyone can read anything into that they choose, but I'd

say
lying to a customer would foot that bill.

The problem with your theory is that I asked her for a price on a certain
size liner....she told me she would call and get a price on that size

liner,
she never told me that I had to purchase an entire roll or that I was
supplying her store with inventory. Your comparison of Evian or pet rocks

is
flawed because we all know what and how much of it we are buying....and

how
stupid we are for doing it, I see the price of Evian and I pick up a

bottle
anyway BUT if the clerk charges me 5 bucks for the bottle then grabs the 4
extra bottles and resells them.....that is an unfair business practice.

Believe it or not there is a differece between a liner company selling all
their 4x8 liners for 96.00 and what this moron tried to do. One is greed

or
a nice tidy profit....one is a lie.

There are enough businesses out there which really ARE unethical, that
we should reserve the term for them, and refrain from libeling those
who are merely incompetent.

Which businesses might those be Kelly? Would you give us examples?

Oh btw, to be libel the statement in writing should be false and

"must"
be public and "must" damage(or attempt to) someone's character. Right?
Tell me Kelly, what is the name of the person or business I am referring

to?

~Wilson~