Old 18-07-2003, 10:10 PM
dusty

Default stupid, stupid, stupid... but I got 'em on sale!

Larry Dighera wrote in
:

On 14 Jul 2003 16:38:53 -0700, (Kevin) wrote in
Actually, they were just past bloom and mostly in severe need of water.
So I talked to the nice lady with the manager tag and asked how low
she could go....

A dollar a piece... I came home with 21 plants...

Well done!

I tried that tactic with Home Depot and failed. It seems they return
their out of bloom plants to the vendor for credit.

They don't return them to the vender larry. Home depot or the BORG as I

call them are so afraid someone may return the plant under their warranty
that they trash the orchids in their compactor rather than giveing anyone a
good deal. They will 1/2 price them for a week after they drop their blooms
then it's in the trash.
Later
dusty