Old 18-07-2003, 11:56 PM
Jeff Coles

Default Grass cuttings: leave or gather?

"Dave" wrote in message

"Dee" wrote in message ...
Sorry John, but exercise is good for the mind as well as the body. I say
pick it up and compost it or use as mulch on the basis that is what my

bible
says (hassayon ). I use my lawn a lot and so does my daughter & apart

from
anything else bringing grass clippings into the house on shoes or bare

feet
is a no-no with her indoors.

By brother in law, like me, uses an old Ransomes manual mower. He

observed
the other day that while he actually enjoys pushing is mower up and down

his
garden for about 45 mins his neighbour prefers a sit on tractor style

and
cuts his lawn in about 10 minutes. The neighbour will then get in his

car
&
go to the gym to spend 60 mins on a treadmill. I know what I'd much

rather
do.

AndyP

.. Yep me to, much better to be down the gym having fun than mowing the
lawn.

The Gym......................................what a splendid name for a pub
eh?