Old 19-07-2003, 12:52 AM
simy1

Default cucumbers inside cages

"Angi" wrote in message news:rnERa.84953$H17.26242@sccrnsc02...
I am bewildered that this so called gardening newsgroup had no advice about
a typical gardening question! I guess I should realize this is more of a
(chat-room) type of get-together for lonely shut-ins rather than a forum to
advise folks that are trying something new in gardening as in my case where,
for the first time in my life, I'm growing cucumbers in cages because of my
now limited garden space instead of having previously unlimited space to let
the vines sprawl. I feel the question I posted earlier was simply enough to
at least get a normal response from gardeners with experience relative to my
post rather than just the one response mentioning it depends on the health
of the plants and the wind. The plants are healthy and the wind is normal
around here however I wouldn't expect them to survive a hurricane or tornado
but was curious about whether the plant's tendrils wrapped around a tomato
cage wire would be sufficient or if the vines need additional support. If
the vines hold for me with the support of the tendrils only for this first
year after producing normal fruit, I'll be happy to advise a future post
regarding this question.
Please don't any of you computer savvy (chat-room) type trolls post that I
should include part of my message so you know what this is in regards to as
the title of the post should suffice. The neighbor's dog defecating in my
yard seems to the mindset of this newsgroup as those threads go on forever!
Thank You!

you posted to the wrong group. take it to r.g.e. and be more polite there.