Old 19-07-2003, 01:12 AM
simy1

Default What will grow well in containers in shade either now or next spring?

Phaedrine Stonebridge wrote in message ...
In article ,
(andrea baker) wrote:

Veggie gardens in the lawn are a no-no

I'd be curious to know the exact wording of this prohibition.

Well, 80% of the new homes built in this country have an HOA, and they
will tell you what you can plant or can not plant. I am surprised that
she was able to put some rasberries in. The things some of my friends
and colleagues have to do to grow veggies... I don't know if they make
me cry or laugh. One of them is so happy, he has been able to grow
zucchini in the front flowerbed for two years now. No one has caught
up with it yet. Another two grow a few sad tomatoes in pots. This
thing alone is worth coping with occasional repairs in our older
homes.