Old 19-07-2003, 01:52 AM
BT

Default OT- What do I feed a Baby Rabbit

Clover!

BT

Peter wrote in message ...
What do I feed a baby rabbit ??

Due to all the mowing in the neighborhood, and a few hawks and crows
I've somehow adopted a baby rabbit.

Seems to me about 5 - 6 weeks old... has a full coat, but still
can't figure out how to use the hind legs. I'm assuming he/she/it
was either being weaned by mother, or mother is no longer available.

Nope, it wasn't a nest, no siblings either.

So, I've tried banana, dandelion's, grass, softened rabbit
pellets..... (I live with another rabbit... mature male, no hope
there). Baby rabbits usually feed only at night, so I'm not sure
if it's eaten anything since yesterday evening...

Would any rabbit owners / breeders out there have a suggestion ??

I think it's almost ready for solid food, but don't want to take a
chance on losing it due to starvation...

How about bread moistened with cow's milk?? Would baby
formula kill it ???

Cage is a pen with grass, plants, available water from a shallow
pan, no bottle at this time. (although a bottle is available).

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions !!!