Old 19-07-2003, 04:52 AM

Default How to Connect Two Sections of Water Hose?

you have to get barbs that are the right size. I soften the ends of the hose before
shoving them onto the barbs, moved them up until they are really tight. if the barb
slips in easily, the clamp isnt going to make up for the wrong size. Ingrid

(Jay Chan) wrote:

My outdoor water hose has a small hole (probably squirrel did that). I
want to fix it by using a 5/8" coupling mender that I bought from Home
Depot. It is basically a brass tube with barb in both ends. I cut away
the section of the water hose that has the hole, and then I insert the
barb end of the brass tube to the water hose -- this connects the two
sections of water hoses together. And then, I use two clamps to tighen
the water hose onto the brass tube. Sounds simple so far. The problem
is that I see a small stream of water spraying out from the connecting
area of the brass tube as soon as I turn on the water. Tightening the
clamps further doesn't fix the problem.

What should I do now?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan