Old 19-07-2003, 07:22 AM
Travis

Default Pie cherry tree problems...no fruit

dstvns wrote:
Hello again,

I have a Starkspur montmorency pie cherry tree. When I first
brought this tree home 3 years ago, it was 5 ft tall with over
a half dozen cherries on it. Since then I've received tons of
blossoms every year, and the tree is 7 ft tall, but this year
is the first time I ever received fruit since first planting.
I had _one fruit_ this year...a great fruit, mind you but
still a little lacking on quantity.

I have with me the original card that came with the tree. It
says its a semi-dwarf pie cherry, and "super productive". If
one cherry every 3 years is super-productive, I'd hate to see
the ones that skimp It also says it's "self pollinating",
which I am also highly skeptical about.

I would say a consultation with the nursery is in order. Ask for
a refund or replacement.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5