Old 19-07-2003, 09:32 AM
SIBIETA

Default Algae in a 5,2g tank

I don?t use CO2 inyection, is it necessary in this small tanks?... I`m very
interested to use it, i?ve seen on internet how to make this sistems, but
never made one.
How to control the amount of CO2 you put in the tank?. There are products
like seachem flourish excel, is carbon in a liquid form, is this method good
and effective to make plants grow "faster" in small tanks?.
I decided to cut the fertilizer and change the light to a lower watts, maybe
2wpg, and not making so drastic water changes like 50% every 2 days,
obviously allways checking water parameters.
I?ll be telling you guys how the thing are going....
"Andrey Tarasevich" escribio en el mensaje
SIBIETA wrote:
About the water changes, i think you are right i do too much water

changes,
but i need to vacum the gravel some time so, what do you think if i make

1
liter changes every day an 50% changes every week?.

I don't understand why you feel the need to make such intensive water
changes. My setup, for example, is very similar to yours - I have a
well-planted 5.5 gal tank with 26W of light (two independently
controlled 13W bulbs) and DIY CO2 injection. 26W is a lot for a
freshwater 5.5 gal tank, so I keep only one 13W bulb on for 12 hours a
day, while the second one comes on for only 1 hour in the middle of the
day. (I used to turn it on for 5 hours a day, but it seemed to lead to
staghorn algae problem). I change about 30% of the water every week and
try to carefully vacuum the gravel (where I can reach it) every other
week. The tank is doing fine.

--
Best regards,
Andrey Tarasevich