Old 19-07-2003, 09:52 AM
Colin Malsingh

Default Feeding Calcium to plants??

I've seen a number of posts about how valuable calcium supplements can
be to plants (eg. Tomatoes etc). Many people talk about adding mineral
supplement tablets straight into the soil.

I recently bought some Dolomite tables (it's a naturally occurring mix
of Calcium and Magnesium minerals) and tried crumbling them up to mix
into the soil around my plants. When I watered them, the white crumbs
just stayed on the surface.

I'm beginning to wonder quite how water-soluble this stuff is, and
hence how are we supposed to get it into a form where it can actually
reach the plants & be taken up through their roots.

Can anyone out there who's seen a difference from using these
supplements please advise?

Thanks,

Colin
-----