Old 19-07-2003, 11:29 AM
Stephen Howard

Default Fairy Ring .....Help !!!!! please

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 10:12:24 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"bnd777" wrote in message
Seem to have a Fairy ring on my lawn
Large horseshoe shape of lawn that no matter what I do the grass dies
it does get clutches small brown roundheaded toadstools on it from time to
time but is not heavily infested

In my opinion this is not a fairy ring. Fairy rings are a brighter green
than the surrounding grass.

That's usually the case, and as far as I can see on my 'lawn' the
rings have no serious effect. However, we're talking the sort of grass
that can trip you up and steal your wallet... not the namby-pamby
stuff that dies back when ( heavens! ) someone steps on it.

I would suggest that the die back is indicative of another problem,
and the fungus has simply moved in to take advantage of the conditions
- which is what fungus does. Being at the scene of the crime it tends
to get labeled a suspect.

You have to admire the tenacity of the fungus - you've nuked it with
Armillotox and still it comes back to taunt you!

The real test would be to see if the ring moves - a genuine fungal
ring will grow each year as the spores spread out radially.

Personally, I blame the aliens.. has anyone noticed the weather
lately.. eh eh?? 'Nuff said!

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk