Old 19-07-2003, 02:42 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Bourganvillea Repotting

Hi everyone tomorrow i am going to be repotting my
favorite bourganvillea.

snip

Multiple sizes of Akadama
Pine bark mulch
Spagnum Moss
Red Lava rock
Gravel/silica sand
Common garden soil
Kanuma
Oak Leaf Mold

Ben:
I use a mixture of 1/3 Pine Bark, 1/3 Haydite and 1/3 Chicken

grit.
Looking at your list you could make a fairly loose mix by

using 1/3
each: Red lava rock, gravel (depending on size), Pine Bark.

Just
remember to wire your Bougainvillea into your pot until its

roots settle
into this mix.

And I used last time 1/3 horse manure compost to 2/3 Mule Mix
(Turface). Of course, my largest bougainvillea (pink pixie) is
about 8 inches tall (and in full bloom now).

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++