Old 26-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Pat Meadows

Default What tomato varieties are you growing this year?

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 11:18:08 -0500, Jim Carter
wrote:

Brandywine (pink)

Like the Beefmaster, these take a long time before the fruit is ripe. Taste is
supposed to be the best, but because of the lateness of the fruit I do not
expect to have them for long.

I grew Brandywine last year. I will never grow them again
in this climate - I think we had TWO ripe tomatoes from
them. Bah.

The plants got huge, and one of them collapsed its cage -
they have funny-looking leaves, btw, different from other
tomatoes I've grown - but they didn't set much fruit and
what fruit they did have, didn't ripen.

Pat
-- Pat Meadows - In Pennsylvania's northern
mountains, at about 1600 feet - one of the
colder areas of Zone 5