Old 19-07-2003, 03:02 PM
Kay Easton

Default Finding a property with a Big Garden

In article ,
Drakanthus writes
I feel like going into estate agents and just asking for the garden,
never mind the house that comes with it

Janet

I know what you mean. Number and sizes of rooms is almost irrelevant to me.
The first specification I look at for potential properties is the garden. It
is irritating that estate agents give the sizes of room down to the inch but
describe gardens without size or just a vague 'small', or 'large'. And their
idea of 'large' is usually my idea of 'small'.

No,no,no! Never 'small'! The phrase is 'easily maintained', or, if no
more than a border in a small yard 'cottage garden style'.
Slightly less small is 'deceptively spacious'.

We did look at one house with 'half acre garden' but came to the
conclusion that the leeds acre was a measure totally new to me.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: