Old 19-07-2003, 05:12 PM
Frankhartx

Default apple tree help

From: "Cody Stiles"

I have an apple tree that produces apples but they fall to the ground
before ripening and seem to get worms even on the tree. Is there anything I
can do about this without hurting the lawn underneath it. I live in the
pacific northwest and it has been in the 80's and will probably stay that
hot for a couple weeks. the tree is at least 50 years old. Thank you for any
help you can give me.

If you are following the IPM program then your chance of gettng usable fruit is
very poor/. Fruit trees are very susceptible to insects and diseases and need a
lot of attention. Contact your local extension service and get the IPM
(Integratewd Pest Management) program for your area plus advice on proper
cultivation of your apple tree.