Old 20-07-2003, 01:00 AM
Diane Mancino

Default Two questions from a rank beginner

Diana, I have a Burana den- it is bare caned- got an idea when these get new
leaves. the plant has good roots but seems to be dormant. Got it in the
winter at Kmart on the out of bloom shelf. What about feeding it? Might give
it some super thrive to give it a jump start

Diane

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Shea,

Ray has already given you great advice on the Phal, but here's my 2 cents

on
the Dend. We live over in Port St. Lucie, and our orchids live outside

year
round. If you have a screened in pool with good sun exposure, or a lanai

or
even a balcony where the Dend can live, you might want to move it outside
gradually. Dends like high light conditions. If you move it out, though,
don't leave it completely unprotected (as in full sun, no screening or

other
minimizer). As for the canes, unless they are in some way diseased, and

it
doesn't sound that way, leave them be. Dends can and often do bloom on

bare
canes.

For both plants, if you have not already done so, a repotting is probably

in
order, if only to check the root systems. Amazing what fresh media can

do!

Best,

Diana