Old 20-07-2003, 04:02 AM
Brian Sandle

Default Paying to find non-GE wild corn?

Jim Webster wrote:

"Brian Sandle" wrote in message

Perhaps Jim might comment on pendulous udders in developing calves
produced from cows on estrogenic pasture.

If I had ever heard of this effect before I would. Certainly never come
across it, have you any evidence for it?

Sorry I was mixing two sections, but estrogenic compounds seem to cause
mammary problems:

********************
This is the html version of the file
http://animsci.agrenv.mcgill.ca/cour...450_notes.pdf.
G o o g l e automatically generates html versions of documents
as we crawl the web.
To link to or bookmark this page, use the following url:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache...animsci.agrenv
.mcgill.ca/courses/450/450_notes.pdf+cows+estrogenic+%22less+mil
k%22&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

5.

Udder abnormalities

a.

blind or light quarters - causes:

-poor management / injuries

-mastitis

Page 8

-3-

-inherited

-blood / nerve supply

-metabolic disturbances during embryonic development

-congenital gland malformations

* malformed nipples

* deficient glandular tissue

*structural

Example: estrogenic compounds can affect mammary

rudiment in embryonic development of the glands

b.

pendulous udders

- Difficult to milk

- Easily injured

- Generally results from:

*

weak medial and/or lateral suspensory ligaments, and/or weak

rear attachments

************************

I posted a long time ago how red clover pasture can cause abnormalities of
the external genitalia in sheep.

Snip

I have been in a hospital ward which had MRSA. When I went back to
hospital 4 years later I had a red medicalert sticker on my
bracelet. It turned out to be an MRSA warning. Several tests were
done and some weeks before it was removed.

my father has had it several times but clears up with nursing care (he is
too weak for antibiotics) and natural resistance.

Yes we are going back to the old days.

I did not actually get it myself, though I had had a knee operation. They
were just taking care that I hadn't picked it up and was harbouring it.