Old 20-07-2003, 04:32 AM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default basil and cilantro

In article ,
"Slofolk" wrote:

Roundup is also toxic for some of us people.

Indeed!

Your neighbor should reimburse you to replace what he killed (and
the cost of having it planted), I know that won't make it OK -
but maybe he'll think before he sprays again. What he did was
just criminal in my book - for plants to croak within an hour he
must have gone through gallons. My sympathies!

They never offered a thing despite strong hints. Some people are just
like that. They seemed to think that if our yard didn't comply with
their "gardening" methods, that was just tough. We moved away from
there about 5 years ago. They were putting in a pool and one of the
contractor's concrete trucks backed into my mailbox which was fastened
to one side of a beautiful trellis my DH had designed and built. Mr.
Concrete flattened two gorgeous centifolias, two rugosas and my
Villechenblau. Well that was the last straw LOL.

We have a neighbor that pulled all the honeysuckle off of our
fence when he moved in (I know it's a weed, but I liked it and it
had grown there for years while their lot was empty.) and killed
what he could on both sides... I walked outside one day to hear
the fence pickets breaking as he pulled.... then had the gall to
tell me the fence needed to be replaced. [I just thought, too
bad...not going to happen... ]