Old 20-07-2003, 06:23 AM
dstvns

Default Pie cherry tree problems...no fruit

On 19 Jul 2003 21:43:17 -0700, (Ben Sharvy) wrote:

You are being a little impatient. Pie cherries usually start bearing
in 4-6 years, and nothing bears heavily when it is young. Add a year
to account for transplant shock, and you get 5 years at the earliest.
Your tree sounds about five years old.

I think I must've asked this question a couple months ago. I will
try to remember this time

You might also lack pollinators (bees). Self-productive plants may
still need a pollinator to transfer the pollen from the male to the
female parts of the flower (sometimes, they are diffferent flowers on
the same plant).

Yea, I saw the first honeybee today in about 4 years. Hopefully they
are now recovering.

Dan