Old 20-07-2003, 08:02 AM
J. Lane

Default apple tree help

Hi Cody
Unfortunately you will probably have to spray your tree with insecticide
in the spring and again two or three weeks later. A reputable garden center
will be able to tell you what to use and when.
One of the main reasons to do this is to prevent infestation of not only
your trees but your neighbours as well. Another, less poisonous solution is
stuff called tanglefoot. It's a paste you spread around the trunk of the
tree to prevent bugs from crawling up the tree. Any hardware/garden center
would sell it. Don't know if it would work for coddling moth, which sounds
like what you have. Sorry, but I hope this helps
J.Lane
"Cody Stiles" wrote in message

Hi,
I have an apple tree that produces apples but they fall to the ground
before ripening and seem to get worms even on the tree. Is there anything

can do about this without hurting the lawn underneath it. I live in the
pacific northwest and it has been in the 80's and will probably stay that
hot for a couple weeks. the tree is at least 50 years old. Thank you for

any
help you can give me.

--
Cody Stiles