Old 20-07-2003, 11:22 AM
Joseph Meehan

Default Pie cherry tree problems...no fruit

Being from Columbus Ohio, I should have noted that as well. Down in
Columbus we did not have the problem you may have had in Cleveland, but we
would get an occasional year without cherries.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Alexander Pensky" wrote in message
Joseph Meehan wrote:
I don't know the tree, but many require cross pollination and/or do
better when surrounded by a number of other trees.

Other possible problems, weather, local conditions of soil, moisture

or
weather or just a lot of transplant shock.

What zone are you in? When I was a kid we had several old sour cherry
trees in the yard. They were amazingly productive in years when we had
cherries -- but only perhaps every third or fourth year was a "cherry
year". The reason being that in Cleveland OH, the average date of last
frost is fairly close to when the cherries are in flower. If there was
a warm spring and then a late May frost, then brown mushy blossoms, no
cherries. Cold March/April with no late frost === many cherries.

- Alex