Old 20-07-2003, 11:33 AM
Rusty Hinge

Default Fairy Ring .....Help !!!!! please

The message
from "shannie" contains these words:

We have a similar problem with our 'lawn' Well, it's not considered lawn
here as it's planted with field grass and there's well over half an acre to
be cut twice a week! However, we have a largish area about three ft sq thats
very like what you describe. The extension was put on the house 30yrs ago
and a separate soak away and septic tank installed. The septic tank deals
with toilet waste and has its own soak away waaaayyyy off down the end of
the garden, however the soakaway for the showers, baths, washing machines
etc is right in the middle of the area thats dying off.

It will. Washing ppowders contain borax, which is an efficient
herbicide. I believe it is possible to get washing powders which are
soakaway-friendly, though.

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk excange d.p. with p to reply.