Old 20-07-2003, 01:42 PM
GaryM

Default Nature or nurture sick trees

I have now two trees on my new lot exhibiting signs of sickness. A red
oak and a black birch. In reality it was due to the builders and the
way they "rearranged things". I was told by tree expert that instead of
spending a lot of money on expensive treatments I should try lawn
fertilizer on the drip line. Is this worth a shot or should I just let
the tree try to restablish itself? Does anyone have specifics on the
process. At this stage I know to use holes 18" deep on the drip line in
a concentric circle. But how much fertilzer? I have a 10:10:10 mix I
was going to try.

Thanks in advance.