Old 20-07-2003, 01:42 PM
Frankhartx

Default Feeding Calcium to plants??

From: (---Pete---)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.edible

AND subsequent plantings
result in no BER then it safe to assume that the cure worked.

Not a logical assumption

t would be interesting to see how plants responed to this
calcium tablet treatment if only half of the BER effected plants
were given this treatment. Anyone try that?

That would not be a valid test.

It would be more valid if half of a plot was treated before any ber appeared
and the other half untreated. if ber did occur in the untreated half and not in
the treated then there would be a case for the treatment.

I am not trying to say your method does not work only that it is not proven--a
whole host of remedies have been brought forth for ber but always we face the
conumdrum that since the ber can clear up naturally without treatment then
there is no way to prove the treatment works. The uneven watering may play a
part but mother nature often controls that not the gardener.