Old 20-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Only one pepper

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 07:35:20 -0700, "Walt Brothers"
wrote:

"Pat Meadows" wrote in message
.. .

Next year, my peppers, eggplants, and tomatoes will be
growing IN A HOOPHOUSE. If we get it built this year, that
is. I think we will.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a "Hoophouse"? Is it a greenhouse or
something similar?

A (usually) unheated greenhouse, made by arching pieces of
PVC pipe or metal into a hoop shape, then covering them with
plastic.

I believe they are called 'polytunnels' in the UK.

Here's the one we are going to build (with minor
modifications):

http://www.westsidegardener.com/howto/hoophouse.html

You need to scroll way down the page to see good pictures of
it.

You can find plans for lots of other hoophouses by Googling
on "hoop house" and hoophouse (one word) and maybe on 'high
tunnels'.

Pat