Old 20-07-2003, 05:52 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Bourganvillea Repotting

In a message dated 7/20/2003 10:46:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

For those of you who have repotted bougainvillea's
before how long do you usually wait with them to move
them back to full sun. Do you wait till you see new
growth or longer. And how long do you usually wait
before applying fertilizer.

I wouldn't wait to put it in full sun or fertilize. I had a bougie (Pink
Pixie) in a large terra cotta pot to enlarge the trunk. A few weeks ago I
moved it to a 10 inch bulb pan. I removed all the foliage and most of the roots.
Applied Subdue granular and Osmocote 14-14-14 then placed on a bench in full
sun. It has begun to leaf out and is doing great.
I think bougies like a fairly organic soil and plant mine in Metro Mix 500.
However, for good health they should be transplanted at least once a year.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++