Old 20-07-2003, 06:52 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Cucumbers grown inside cages

In article ,
Jim Carter wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 06:47:57 -0500, (Pat Kiewicz) wrote
in
rec.gardens.edible:

'Sweet Success' is a widely available, dark green slicer. 'Diva' was
introduced by
Johnny's Selected Seeds and is also available from Pinetree Garden Seeds.
It's
a lighter green Mid Eastern Beit-Alpha type cucumber.

Which zone are you in? I have some Diva planted and they are doing next to
nothing. "Sweet Slice" is producing like gang busters. I read somewhere
that
Diva likes a soil temperature of at least 70°F.
--
Gardening Zones
Canada Zone 5a

We finally have some Divas that are doing just OK. We have really had
to baby them to get them to grow at all. The Armenians, OTOH, are
growing like crazy. Missouri 5b