Old 20-07-2003, 07:52 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Trivial question about peppers

"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
The message
from "David W.E. Roberts" contains these words:

Mind you, East coast of Suffolk is close to Mediterranean most of the

time
:-)

Hmmm. I didn't realise the Mediterranean had edged up into the Arctic
Circle. Um..... Hang on.... what other coast does Suffolk have? Has
Suffolk moved south, perhaps?

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk excange d.p. with p to

reply.

Special litle micro-climate; all the heavy rain and cloud has to cross the
UK to get to us so we have lots of sunny days and relatively low rainfall.
The sea close by keeps us warm in winter and cool in summer.
We only get extremes of weather when the wind blows off the continent,
giving us cold air in the winter and hot air in the summer.
Only one day of snow last winter, and the grass grows all the year round.
Palm trees grow outside (well, Yuccas anyway) and geraniums overwinter
outside in pots.
So not bad for the U.K.
And as you mention it, I think someone has moved the Arctic Circle in the
last ten years - it certainly seems a lot warmer. :-)

Cheers
Dave R