Old 20-07-2003, 10:23 PM
sw

Default Grass cuttings: leave or gather?

Kay Easton wrote:

In article , sw
writes

[-]

Use the sawdust pellets (it pongs less/better than the grey clay stuff,
too). Put the cat poo in the ordinary rubbish using any convenient
utensil.

That's a bit unfair on the dustmen, isn't it? I put ours down the loo.

Why? It's no worse than ripe bones from the roast, (or nappies from our
neighbours) -- all kitchen waste is bagged within the black bag. If you
flush it that results in more treatment/sludge/etc. Best of all would be
to um, macerate it and add it to the compost but I can't quite face that
yet.

regards
sarah

--