Old 20-07-2003, 10:37 PM
Jez

Default Planting advice needed please

Hi, nice to see another Jez!

Will look into that. Yes, they do have drainage, but the plant holes on
the small ones are only about the size of a small plant pot, so I can
imagine whatever I plant (or advise to be planted) will have to be
watered often.

Thanks Jez.

Jez.

Jez Phillips wrote:

may be worth looking at alpines - I'd get a book on them.

I don't know much about them, but two genera that come to mind are
Sempervivum and Sedum, both are OK hot and dry.

They need good drainage, so presumably you;ve got drainage holes?

JP

"Jez" wrote in message

Hello Group,

I make stone signs and have a newish product - planter signs.

I recently had some of my signs displayed at the Hampton Court Flower
show and the plants I displayed in the planter, whilst nice, just didn't
have the impact that I required.

The plants need to be able to exist in a relatively small amount of soil
in (if Hampton Court was anything to go by) fairly high temperatures
with little or no shade.

You can see a picture he

http://www.rusticstone.net/morepics2.htm and the top picture is the type
of sign I am concerned about.