Old 21-07-2003, 12:49 AM

Default identify this weed please?

In article , Marcy Hege wrote:
I've been battling it ever since Hurricane Fran. It's growing too fast for me
to deal with by hand pulling. (I mean really, at least 8 hours every week is
about all I can stand!)

I read the report from Derr at Virginia Tech and finally found some of the
Ormatec mentioned in his article. I sprayed 3 gallons of the mix three weeks
ago. I sprayed over azaleas which were infested with it (too dense for me to be
sticking my hands in to pull it.) IT WORKED! Grass is dead and azaleas appear
unfazed! It's been difficult to find a time when everything is dry, rain is
predicted and the temps are below 70 degrees. Temperature needs to be low since
it evaporates quickly in heat.

I don't usually use herbicides or pesticdies but the Japanese Stilt grass
requires drastic measures. Even if you mow it, it can still set seeeds
(supposedly the seeds are viable for 7 years.)

Anyone else have any more ideas?

Is sounded like a pre-emergent might work if applied in the spring to
prevent germination. That would seem to work well in azeleas and other
bedding plants where weeding might not be practical.

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.