Old 21-07-2003, 02:54 AM
dstvns

Default viburnum dying

On 20 Jul 2003 17:43:03 -0700, (Cindy
Donnell) wrote:

Hi, folks,

My v. opulus is in trouble. Nearly half of the shrub began to change
color to chartreuse,then yellow and now to browning leaves. I see no
insects, fungus, there's been no damage. I lost one small section to
last year's drought but have nothing to suggest what's going on with
it now. It bloomed, is covered with gorgeous red berries - even in
the dying section and now . . .

Try increase watering. Add some good topsoil to the base.

the drought and most of the shrub was dead this spring. I really
didn't mind losing it because as either Pam or Paghat once said, the
blooms smell like innertubes.

Highbush cranberry (v. trilobum) bloom smell reminds me of burnt-out
older computer equipment. Strange what smells make you remember

Dan