Old 21-07-2003, 02:56 AM
jammer

Default Snorkelling the pond...why no babies

On 20 Jul 2003 23:47:16 GMT, (Jerrispond) wrote:

Conclusion: there are preciousfew goldfish or koi babies.Any theories about

the lack of babies, other than predation? I have notsees clear spawning
behavior...but then I have not done the night andflashlight thing.

I have probably a hundred goldfish babies....and over a dozen koi
babies.....the difference this year is a HUGE amount of anacharis in all the
ponds. This gives them some place to not only lay the eggs, but for the babies
to hide. The koi babies are probably close to 2 inches now, and they still
hang around in it....The grown koi avoid it for some reason. I highly
reccomend it. It also has kept the algea to zero this year....except for a
little string algea in the goldfish pond Jerri

Hi,
My neighbor had been real snooty when i was talking about a small pond
last year. (A bowl of green slime with hoards of mosquitos is what she
was expecting as she knew i wouldn't have a pump, etc) She came over
today and asked to see it. I had to wipe a grin off of my face when
she showed surprise at my clear water! HA!

I have loads of anacharis.