Old 21-07-2003, 02:56 AM
infoseeker

Default Raccoons are like humans:-(

Hank,
I'm sorry about the havoc they are creating! They can be extrememly
pesking, and quite dexterous! You might be on to something with your
analogy. They definitely SEEM to act like little kids.

I think raccoons were messing a bit with my barrel last night- things just
seem a bit amiss, like a bite size missing piece from a leaf. So far until
perhaps now, they had left the barrel alone (after they ate all the fish &
ransacked the hyancinth, which I got rid of). Soon, I'll restock with fish.
But it's maddening because the plants are the expensive part! (I get 12
cent goldfish).

Good luck with #4!

"Hank Pagel" wrote in message
I have come to the conclusion that raccoons are picking up bad habits
from humans.
This is the third time this year that I have found a
disemboweled bull frog on my deck when I came out in the morning. I
would not mind as much if they were eaten, that's nature. But to kill
for the hell of it, that's human nature.
Plants are trashed, rocks moved but no fish harmed. They are
not even frightened.(still hand feeding)
Well! The trap is set again. This will be #4 this year. I
think I will just leave it set all year.