Old 21-07-2003, 02:56 AM
RichToyBox

Default ? baby koi

John,\

I have a 150 gallon stock tank that I used last year and am using again this
year. It has the strawberry jar trickle filter for filtration. My spawn
this year was the first week in June. The fry vary from around 1/2 inch to
almost 2 inches. Last year I did my cull in late September, with a few fish
put into the main ponds for the winter (heated), but most went to the LFS.
I think some of them were about 3 inches, but some were still around 1 1/2
inches. I feed the fry about 4 or 5 times a day with flake food because the
stock tank does not have that good carpet of algae that they would feed on
in the pond.
--
RichToyBox

"john rutz" wrote in message
I have been reading about a experimental koi spawning on the british koi
clubs website.
but his experiment was totaly controled

has anyone raised baby koi in an outdoor kiddie pool and if so how much
growth did the fry show and how fast

I dont know whether t leave them in the kp or buy a small aquarium and
move them inside
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico