Old 21-07-2003, 05:12 AM
Jerry Hoffmeister

Default Biting the Bullet on Pesticides...Opinions, Please

Yeah, I think if I were going to use a "nasty" insecticide, I'd choose
Orthene. It's a systemic and if I remember correctly, it breaks down to
"harmless" substances pretty quickly (some number of days). Likely it would
work better than Malathion and be less "nasty". As I understand, Enstar is
hard to find - I got it from a grower (w/ actual business) friend of mine.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Thanks so much, everyone, for info and moral support! I don't mind paying

few extra $$ for Enstar. The problem is getting it quickly, as I can't
locate a seller in this area, and I need to do something immediately.
Perhaps I'm being a bit of an alarmist, and I don't have thousands, but my
two hundred or so plants mean so much to me..........

I'm still loathe to use the Malathion, so tomorrow AM Frank and I are

going
to tackle the whole shebang with the Organocide, give everyone a good
drench. Of course, follow-up is a must, and perhaps I can get Enstar by

the
time that is due.

Tally Ho! Off to the great bug hunt!

Diana