Old 21-07-2003, 06:12 AM
Gloria

Default Horse apples?

Thanks, I'll try that.

Gloria

"Lar" wrote in message
In article -
berlin.de, says...
Anybody know what a "horse apple" is, or if it is available

commercially?
There was a "horse apple" tree in the backyard of a house I lived in

many
years ago. The apples were huge, green in color, and VERY sour

tasting,
but they made the best pies! The lady that I bought the house from

told me
she got the tree out in the country at her grandmother's old home

place. She
said they grow wild in pastures, usually near the fence. I'd love to

have
one of these trees. TIA for any info.

Gloria

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Search for Bois d'arc tree...Bodark Tree...Osage orange.
Don't think I ever heard of anyone eating them
--
We child proofed our home,
but they are still getting in.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!