Old 21-07-2003, 07:42 AM
Jim Webster

Default Paying to find non-GE wild corn?

Jim Webster wrote:

"Brian Sandle" wrote in message

Perhaps Jim might comment on pendulous udders in developing calves
produced from cows on estrogenic pasture.

If I had ever heard of this effect before I would. Certainly never

come
across it, have you any evidence for it?

Sorry I was mixing two sections, but estrogenic compounds seem to cause
mammary problems:

********************
This is the html version of the file
http://animsci.agrenv.mcgill.ca/cour...450_notes.pdf.
G o o g l e automatically generates html versions of documents
as we crawl the web.
To link to or bookmark this page, use the following url:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache...animsci.agrenv
.mcgill.ca/courses/450/450_notes.pdf+cows+estrogenic+%22less+mil
k%22&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

I think you better download the pdf and actually read it, it is the

course
notes for a complete dairy course and no where does it mention

estrogenic
pasture.

The only mention of estrogenic is

Example: estrogenic compounds can affect mammary
rudiment in embryonic development of the glands

which is absolutely true but has nothing to do with pasture.

Why would estrogenic compounds have nothing to do with estrogenic pasture?

you asked about the effects of estrogenic pasture on cattle, you have shown
no evidence that there is such an effect

Jim Webster