Old 21-07-2003, 09:42 AM
Jez

Default Planting advice needed please

diud a serach on 'Sempervivum and Sedum' found that alpines are what I
did put in for the show! Not nearly as nice as some of the one's I found
here though
http://www.homefarm100.fsnet.co.uk/S...thulifolium%20'Cape%20Blanco'.html

You have given me some great ideas.

Thanks.

Jez.

Jez Phillips wrote:
may be worth looking at alpines - I'd get a book on them.

I don't know much about them, but two genera that come to mind are
Sempervivum and Sedum, both are OK hot and dry.

They need good drainage, so presumably you;ve got drainage holes?

JP

"Jez" wrote in message

Hello Group,

I make stone signs and have a newish product - planter signs.

I recently had some of my signs displayed at the Hampton Court Flower
show and the plants I displayed in the planter, whilst nice, just didn't
have the impact that I required.

The plants need to be able to exist in a relatively small amount of soil
in (if Hampton Court was anything to go by) fairly high temperatures
with little or no shade.

You can see a picture he

http://www.rusticstone.net/morepics2.htm and the top picture is the type
of sign I am concerned about.