Old 21-07-2003, 10:02 AM
David Rance

Default Potato 'Fruit'

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Rick McGreal wrote:

I will pot it in a small pot and see what happens...
Nothing ventured nothing gained....

And if it fails I won't have laid out any cash...So no harm there...

The fruit is like a tomato (as., indeed, they are closely related). Let
it ripen as fully as you can (though it will never go red like the
tomato), then open it up and let the seeds dry on a piece of kitchen
paper. Plant them next spring.

The potatoes from this first plant won't be very big but you can then
plant them in the following year and you should get bigger ones - and,
with luck, an entirely new variety!

Good luck!
| Internet: | writing from |
| Fidonet: David Rance 2:252/110 | Caversham, |
| BBS:
telnet://mesnil.demon.co.uk | Reading, UK |