Old 21-07-2003, 11:22 AM
Dwight Sipler

Default How to Connect Two Sections of Water Hose?

Jay Chan wrote:

My outdoor water hose has a small hole (probably squirrel did that). I
want to fix it by using a 5/8" coupling mender that I bought from Home
Depot. It is basically a brass tube with barb in both ends. I cut away
the section of the water hose that has the hole, and then I insert the
barb end of the brass tube to the water hose -- this connects the two
sections of water hoses together. And then, I use two clamps to tighen
the water hose onto the brass tube. Sounds simple so far. The problem
is that I see a small stream of water spraying out from the connecting
area of the brass tube as soon as I turn on the water. Tightening the
clamps further doesn't fix the problem.

What should I do now?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan

Take it apart, cut another inch off both ends of the hose and try it
again.