Old 21-07-2003, 01:12 PM
Peter

Default Peony Buds - Interesting Observation

My Peony bushes blossomed around the end of May... at which time I cut
off a few buds, sealed them in a zip loc bag and placed them in my
refrigerator.

This weekend, I finally cleaned out the fridge and found the buds.
Placed them in a vase of water and they blossomed !!!!

Makes me wonder about possibilities.... can I really have peony
blossoms as a table centerpiece in December ??? What
other buds can be stored this way ??? Roses ??? Hibiscus???

A pleasant surprise if ever one there was !!!